Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Dawg Doctor

The Dawg Doctor

I'm the dawg doctor.
I fix dawgs.
I look in their eyes for motes,
I stare down their long dark throats,
Examine their furry coats,
Then I jot down some notes.
If they're feelin' hot,
I give 'em a shot.
If they're seein' lots a little dots,
I tell 'em what they gots.

I check 'em for tics and I comb 'em for fleas,
Make sure if you're bit, you don't get rabies.
I tap 'em on their knees, see if they sneeze.
And I check their pee-pee
To see if they have heebee-geebees.

So, if your dawg starts a-gaggin',
Or his tail stops a-waggin',
Or his chin starts a-saggin',
And his spirit starts a-flaggin',
Then call me.
I'm the dawg doctor.
I fix dawgs

The Bogeyman Band

The Bogeyman lives in Bogeyman Land
With his bogeyman friends called the Bogeyman Band.
But on moonless nights when you turn off your lights,
The Bogeyman creeps into your room.
He rattles your windows, slams your door,
Rustles your curtains, slinks 'cross your floor.
You scream, cry, holler, and shout.
You hide under your covers to keep him out.
But he won't go away.
No matter what you do,
No matter what you say,
He plans to stay right there in your bedroom with you.
But there's nothing to fear. Don't start a fight.
Just get out of your bed and turn on the light.
And when you do,
The Bogeyman Band will play its songs for you.
They're wild and crazy, weird as can be.
They're the strangest band you'll ever see.
But the songs they play on their strings
Are the most beautiful songs you'll ever sing.
So don't be afraid, no matter what your friends say.
All the Bogeyman wants to do - is play.

Crack A Jack

Crack a Jack,
Smack his back,
And the Crack-a-Jack
Might smack you back!
And before you know it
Two eyes are black.
But with a smile you will win
Every Jack, Jill and Jim.
So open your eyes,
Stick out your chin,
Spread your lips-
Now give me a grin.

The Irate Pirate

Aye! I'm the Irate Pirate.
I shout all day:
"Shiver me timbers.
Get out of me way!"
I'll knock yer blocks off.
I'll run you through!
Have you walk the plank.
And make shark bait out of you.
I'm rude and reckless.
I shout and scream.
I'm the nastiest sea-dog
You've ever seen.

So you best let me be
Or I'll cut your throat,
Leave you on a desert isle
And sink yer boat.

Many a landlubber
Wants to know why
I'm irate and angry all the time.
Many there be that sail up to me
Asks me to tell 'em
Why I'm so mean.

I say, "Yo Ho Ho!"
Spit in the dirt,
Swallow some rum,
Wipe me mouth on me shirt.

Then I look out to sea
With me one good eye,
Draw a long, deep breath
And heave a salty sigh.

You know, it ain't easy
Sailing the seven seas.
I get sick to me stomach
Weak in the knees.
It's hot all day,
And at night I freeze.
Why, I've been stranded
Fer days without a breeze.

Two times tossed
in terrible typhoons.
I've been shipwrecked nine times
And ten times marooned.
I'm chased all day,
Cursed all night,
So naturally I'm full of fight.

Aye! What's the use complainin'?
You can't understand.
I got a peg for a leg
And a hook for a hand.
I wear a patch on one eye
So I can barely see land.

And land, what's there for me?
Me Ma she died when I was just three.
And me Pa was lost
In the South China Sea.
So I got no one on land
Who cares about me.

But I'll sail on in spite of the pain,
Chasin' all riches in Spain,
Fightin', screamin' and raisin' Cain.

'Cause I'm the Irate Pirate.
I shout all day:
"Shiver me timbers.
Get out of me way!"

Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss was no Mother Goose
He put a hat on a cat and let it loose.
He put ears on Horton,
Horton heard a Who,
Caused a whole bunch of trouble in Solla Sollew.

Sneetches snarled,
The sky rained goo,
The Grinch stole Christmas,
And Mr. Brown mooed.
When your eggs turn green
Here's what you do:

Put a Wocket in your pocket,
Fox in sox,
Scramble your eggs
Eat them in a box
And when the cat comes back,
Hop on Pop!
I said the cat comes back,
Hop on Pop!

No comments: