Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hungry Little Lovebird



Hungry Little Lovebird

I asked her
"Why do you send out
Your voice in sad song
Each morning
Like a hungry Java Sparrow
Singing sadly in an empty rice field"

And she said unto me
"Sad is the song
Of that hungry little ricebird
Because it has
No grains of rice to eat
And likewise, sad is my song
Because I am a hungry little lovebird
Who has no grains
Of manly love to eat"

So in her backyard, I planted
Some cereal grass, that produces
The edible seed called rice
And now that Java Sparrow
Only sings happy songs
Because it hungers no more

But I told her, "I cannot feed
The little lovebird in you
For the women in my pass
Were like vultures
And have eaten up
All my grains of love"

So in my life, she planted
Some warm affection
And romantic tenderness
That produced a fertile field
With countless grains
Of manly love
For her eating pleasure

So now she is
My little lovebird
And happy are the songs
She sings for me

No comments: