Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Poems about Love

Poems about Love


The language of love

Intimacy and love are expressed
in many different ways.

A glance across a crowded room.
A question asked a certain way.
A phone call late at night,
just to ask how you are.
Flowers out of nowhere.

Love has many languages,
and takes many shapes.
Just when I think I've seen them all,
you show me another.

I love you for that...

Love and magic

When there is magic in a love affair,
a lifetime can be a moment.
I smile when I think of all the lifetimes
we have spent together
in such a short time...

Love is free

I love you.
Did you know?
Please don't be afraid.
I ask nothing in return.
My love is free.

And I don't give it away easily.
So there...



In the shadows of my mind

I saw you again yesterday,
standing there quietly
in the shadows of my mind.

You are so beautiful,
and I love you so.
If only you were not afraid
and could let me touch you
we could both give each other
something to believe in,
something to cherish silently
the rest of our journey
through life...

No comments: