Tuesday, March 17, 2009


    The Tide Rises, The TIde Falls

  • The tide rises, the tide falls,
  • The twilight darkens, the curlew calls;
  • Along the sea-sands damp and brown
  • The traveller hastens toward the town,
  • And the tide rises, the tide falls.
  • Darkness settles on roofs and walls,
  • But the sea, the sea in the darkness calls;
  • The little waves, with their soft, white hands,
  • Efface the footprints in the sands,
  • And the tide rises, the tide falls.
  • The morning breaks; the steeds in their stalls
  • Stamp and neigh, as the hostler calls;
  • The day returns, but nevermore
  • Returns the traveller to the shore,
  • And the tide rises, the tide falls.

    By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Love is a journey

I have matured into love
three times in my life,
and have discovered with each
a freedom beyond measure.

Each time it happened
I was left wondering;
What did really happen?
Why was I feeling this way?

It took some time to realize
that what I was feeling
was a sense of exuberant goodness
about myself and my life.

The simple fact that I loved someone
made my world a little lovelier,
gave my life a purpose,
and put a spring in my step.

Making love a gift rather than a request
is the highest ex-pression of freedom.
It releases us and gives our spirit wings.
It shows us the real beauty of ourselves and the person we love.

As a result I have decided that
love is a journey towards itself,
that we have no real control over it,
but that it can be the ride of a lifetime if we take it.

To fall into love is common.
To rise into love is exquisite.
To mature into love changes us
and our view of the world forever...


No comments: