Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Distance

Distance



She takes my heart away
When she stops by every month or so
And then leaves me like an old cat that's lost it's pray

She takes a part of my heart
In the kitchen at a party
Back to the sink I reach around her for a cup
She opens up
And we come alive
Buzzing like a beehive

She takes my heart away
Leaving me empty and open
Then others appear on a trip
It's always happened this way
And I can't say no, that wouldn't be hip
So we bed down in some dramatic coup
Loving without love
Because that's what any single man would do

She takes my heart away
At the river in sun
After a downhill run
Wet and tired
Broken down
She takes a piece
And I go back to acting like a clown
But I'm getting older now
And it's harder to feel desire
And make the heat
That's needed for fire

So society be damned
With all its sex and rules
I just can't do it anymore
And run with the other fools

I think back to when she's here
And the thrills I get when she is near
Maybe she gets this all the time
And there's other guys
Pennying up their dime
But I still want to play
Cause I'm making new hearts for her
Every single day

She let her take my heart away
Tucked in her spirally smile
Back to college with her friends to wile

She takes my heart away
When she stops by every month or so
Maybe I'll follow it someday.

No comments: