Matthew 4:7 "Jesus said, It is also written, Do not put the Lord your God to the test"

I heard my mentor, Mrs Gregg, say recently to someone when she came to Kentucky for Jerry's funeral, "Oh honey, it's ok to doubt. Jesus never condemned Thomas for doubting; it was disbelief that Jesus condemns."

I wasn't doubting (I thought) God; however, I was putting Him to the test.

Less than two weeks ago, I was listening to my MP3 player. It was playing a very simple but very lovely song. I put the device on constant repeat, as I was caught up in the Spirit. I let this song saturate my soul as it resonated in my heart too. I must have listened to this particular song a dozen times straight.

I love you Lord, and I lift my voice to worship you,
Oh my soul rejoice.

Take joy my King, in what you hear.
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear.

34 words, that simple, that lovely!

Then I got a thought. (Here comes the test) "Lord," I said, "If they play this song at "that" church next time I go, then I will know that that is where you want me. If you have ever looked for a church before, you know exactly what I mean.

Well, you guessed it. Today I walked into church and sat down, not remembering the "deal" I had made with God, or at least until the worship band played a small blurb of this song!!!! My heart began to beat very rapidly. YEP, TRUE STORY!!!

Anxiously, I sat through the entire praise and worship just waiting to hear this song so I could enjoy this answered prayer from God, but they never played the song in service.

Here comes the doubt… I began to wonder if I had really heard the song or not. After all it was just a blurb. Maybe my conscience was playing tricks on me… or God was reminding me of the commitment I made with Him… or something else… I did not know at all what was going on, but I began immediate prayer.

The pastor preached an entire sermon, and all I could think about was that song! A whole hour had gone by. I kept looking at my watch, because I wanted to get home and pray in silence. All of a sudden, the P & W band got up and began singing THE SONG! The pastor had done an altar call, and this was the closing song! Hallelujah!

I got on my knees and began to weep before God in repentance. It was all I could do to even speak His Holy Name! We serve an AWESOME GOD!!!

I hope you enjoy it even a fraction (or more) as much as I did. In fact, take a minute to sing it to Jesus. He likes this song too! I know this b/c He told me so!

Here are some pictures of my church. It has a lake by it just like my home. Take a close look to the left and you will see it.

I love and miss you all!

HAVE FAITH!