Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MY KITCHEN

Here is my attempt, set to the Sound of Music’s “My Favourite Things”: (ahem….)

Fridge magnets, piles of books, sitter’s phone number

Coffee pot, toaster, and barely-used blender

Sauvignon blanc and Italian Red

Sometimes my kitchen is better than bed!

Overbaked muffins and mushy egg noodles

Burnt Hamburger Helper and microwaved Zoodles

Clean as you go or you’ll never get through

The pile of dishes that makes one feel blue

When the bills come,

When I’m lonely,

Or I’m feeling mad

I simply remember my mom’s recipes,

And then I don’t feel so bad…..

Writing and blogging and feeling the music

Making creative juice out of a lim-rick,

Listening to P’s day or maybe G’s woes

My kitchen can tie all our hearts up in bows

Alone at the counter, eating and reading,

Cranking the music and like a fool, dancing

Chasing the blues with some warm comfort food,

Hot soup or pasta can only be good!

With some patience, lots of humour

With much love and laughs

My children and me, living all that can be

In my kitchen so full of gaffes!

No comments: